Sunday, July 25, 2010

How should I do my hair and makeup for travel?

I'm going on an 18 hour train ride on the weekend and want to know how I should do my hair and makeup that's low-maintenance but still looks really cute.How should I do my hair and makeup for travel?
A pony tail will keep looking neat. Use a little foundation, powder and lipstick. Keep the powder and lipstick in your purse so that you can refresh often. If you use Mascara put it only on your upper lashes because it runs and ruins your appearance when it does. Better to put the mascara on just before you get of the train.How should I do my hair and makeup for travel?
First off, I hope you have fun on your trip. Please be safe though..I'm sorry I just get paranoid for people when I hear they are going on long trips =]. Well, 18 hours sure is a looong time..so you DEFiiNETELY need to be COMFORTABLE. I don't know if you can like afford some of the things I'm going to give you links for (No offense..it's just some people can afford better to shop at like, for example Old Navy instead of American Eagle), so I will give you two links, the items being similar..but different budgets. For clothes I would suggest either:





http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/st鈥?/a>





http://wetseal.com/productDetail.asp?sty鈥?/a>





And then get a tank..super cute and comfy!





http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/st鈥?/a>





http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do鈥?/a>





And then wear a super cute hoodie!!





http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce鈥?/a>





http://www.aeropostale.com/product/index鈥?/a>





And then last but not least, wear some cute and comfy sneakers





http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?cp=USNT_鈥?/a>





http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDe鈥?/a>








Okay..then with your hair...if your hair is naturally curly or wavy, I suggest wearing it down with wavy side bangs if you have them, OR wear it natural like the 1st idea but put in a thin headband and last but not least, the BEST idea..bend over and gather hair in a highish ponytail..with bumps in the front.... If your hair is naturally straigh, pull it back in a messy, twisted bun with side bangs down.......or wear it in a ballerina-type bun with bangs (if u have them) back in the bun (barrettes and bobby-pins work wonders if you have side bangs and want them pinned back).





Makeup wise..I suggest only wearing a tinted moustourizer with SPF (sunlight goes through windows)..*Try Clinique, two light coats of light mascara, and then depending on if you want or not, lipbalm/lipgloss..but I don't like lipgloss..although you might..so thats up to you..I recommend Burts Bees though.





Okay..well here ya go!! Have a nice trip..you will look good if you follow my advice! =]
Tie your hair back in a cute, messy bun and but on a bit of power or foundation, just a little blush, some lip gloss and a brush of mascara. Cute and simple!
A low pony tail. Take one section of hair %26amp; wrap it around the elastic to conceal it. Secure the section w/ a bobby pin.





Tinted moisturizer w/ SPF (sunlight still comes through the windows %26amp; expose you to UVA/UVB rays).





Sheer lipstick or lip gloss.





Curl lashes %26amp; apply clear mascara if needed to hold curl. (avoid smudges)
keep it easy.





make a travel kit that u can pull out and use anytime. include foundation, ur fav shadow (tho u dont have 2 use that unless ur feeling like it), lipgloss, nuetral blush, and mascara.





for ur hair, take a miniature brush [hey have really cool ones at claire's boutique :)], a few scrunchies [in case it gets hot and u wanna pull ur hair up], and bobby pins to keep bangs out of ur face. for the most part, u should just leave it down, but, like i said, if it's humid or hot u mite wanna pull it off ur neck.





have fun!
Your hair should be in a comfortable do and easy on the make-up. 18 hours is a loooong time, be comfortable. Have a safe trip.
flirty-natural make-up(after all u have a long ride...might as well meet someone)(if u kno wat i mean)


a cute pair of capris


a cute abercrombie shirt


flip flops
your going to run into some creepy *** guys when on train rides... dont try to impress them. its deff a bad call
when im on a 9 hour flight i usually straighten my hair the night before and then keep it down but eventually just throw it up in a loose ponytail. and for makeup i would just maybe put some mascara on and some lip gloss. you can always just throw an eye pencil in your bag with a mirror so you can put it on right before you get off the train.
I like to dress casual and leave my hair down when i travel unless it s hot i put my hair up. but if ur goin to travel by plane i'd dress up a little more but not to much. but no matter wich way i travel i like to wear pants in case i want to sit in comfortable way like with my leg indian style or something. well the point is dress comfortable.
u should wear light make-up and pull ur hair back
Whenever I travel I put my hair back from my face in a headband, then put on a tinted moisturizer for a little color and glow (I like the one by Laura Mercier). Then, 20 minutes before reaching my destination, I go to the restroom, wash my face and apply my makeup per usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment