Sunday, July 25, 2010

How soon in advance should I have my consult for hair and makeup?

I am getting married May 17 and currently I have my hair and makeup consult scheduled for March 14th. Now I am wondering if that is too early. I currently have layers and I am trying to get them to grow out %26amp; I am afraid they will not be grown out enough in March so I am wondering if I should reschedule my consult to April 4th or April 25th- or is that cutting it too close incase I don't like the salon I choose? I wasn't sure what to do.How soon in advance should I have my consult for hair and makeup?
My wedding is in April. I went to a makeup artist and she told me to come back as close to the wedding as possible for a consult because your skin changes colors slightly with season changes. I am a very pale person, I tend to get rosier close to spring.





Good luck!How soon in advance should I have my consult for hair and makeup?
8 weeks out from the wedding date - at the latest!





Take along pictures of how you want to wear your hair, show up in full make-up so they know what you normally look like.





Take your skin care products with you so that you can remove the make-up and start with a fresh clean face. A professional will know how to deal with changing skin tones - even if you go to a tanning salon before your wedding in May.
I would say April would be the best time, earlier in April. This way you can change styles or hair salons if you aren't happy. Sometimes it takes 2 visits to make you feel comfortable with what you will be getting on the big day,
I think about a month before the wedding. You should come prepared with some pictures of hairstyles that you really like as well.
I think April would be more befitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment