Sunday, July 25, 2010

How should I do my hair and makeup help for my school's winter dance?

I have a winter dance at my school and I need ideas for how to do my hair and makeup. I have green eyes, and a round face shape. I have medium-length light brown hair; all one length and very straight, it curls, but it takes FOREVER. My dress is a red halter. I don't have very much time before the dance to do my hair, and I will be doing it myself. Thanks so much for your help.How should I do my hair and makeup help for my school's winter dance?
I absolutely love doing my own hair for dances. It saves a lot of money, and it's fun! So, here's basically what I did for school's winter dance.





Hair: Put your hair (after it has dried) into a ponytail, around the middle of your head. Make sure it's loose enough. Then grab the hair and pull it through, under itself. That's really confusing. Let me try again. Make a small hole near your head on top of the ponytail. (separate the hair by your head) . Then take the hair and pull it up through the top and then down. Your hair should the be ';looped';. Take some hair pins (like bobby-pins) and twist the hair that's sticking out on the bottom. Pin them up under your ponytail. Then (depending on the length of your hair) you could either pin the extra hair all around your head, or you could (try!) to curl what's left.





Makeup: Basically, go simple. You don't need a bunch of makeup to look nice. I would go with a SMALL amount of silver eyeshadow, which you brush on all the way up to your brow. Lengthening mascara is your friend, don't be afraid of it! Other than that, gloss, gloss, gloss. I loveeee gloss that stays on for hours. There's one by covergirl, I think. Check walmart. Depending on your skintone (mine is super light) you could try brushing some blush or bronzer on your chest and shoulders. This evens out your skin tone and adds that extra bit of color.





EDIT: I just did this with my own hair, and just so you know, if your hair is anything like mine, you will need MANY pins! It took 27 for me to get all my hair up!





Also, remember to tuck the pins in. Use a color similar to your hair color to help them blend in. =]How should I do my hair and makeup help for my school's winter dance?
curled hir and a light blue eyeshadow


eye liner and put your hair very long and then keep a peice near your ear down and the rest in a black hair tie bun and then if ya hair is brown do blonde highlights and if it is blone do brown and if any other color do black or blone or brown
search photobucket for some ideas if not get a friend to help; you

No comments:

Post a Comment