Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do funeral homes hire licensed cosmetologists for hair and makeup?

I'm looking for a part-time job. I love working with people but I want something where I don't have to talk or listen (to the client). I want to stay in the business of hair and makeup. I've also had a few clients tell me they were dissapointed in the way their loved ones looked during the visitation. That they don't resemble the picture they had given the funeral home. Please help me so I can get to work (hopefully) right away!Do funeral homes hire licensed cosmetologists for hair and makeup?
Most funeral homes already have someone within their business, who can do the work and the cost is included in the price of the funeral. And, believe me, they are not going to give you the full price, only the going rate of a style in your area.





You would have to contact the funeral homes in your area, concerning availability and prices.





One of the biggest problems with working on a deceased person is the picture the family provides is usually an old one.


Husbands have a tendency to produce a 40 or 50 year old photo of a woman that died at age 70, because that's how he sees her in his heart.


You will never be able to make someone look as good in death as they looked in life.


Sometimes, the body is not even dressed; simply on a gurney, with a sheet over it.


You would be required to provide the curling irons, hairspray, styling combs/brushes, etc., and be available at a moments notice, if the body is being shipped out-of-state.


It's not steady work, as women tend to out live men, and cremations are becoming more affordable than a burial.





I have been a hairdresser for 42 years and have, sadly, had to perform this service for quite a few of my clients. And, I do not charge the family or the funeral home for my services, if it is for a client.


It's the last thing I can do for someone who has been loyal and, in some cases, closer to me than many of my family members.


They put shoes on my children's feet and food on my table.


I owe it to them!





It won't be easy at first, but if you think you can handle it, I say, go for it.





It's a learning experience every hairdresser should have, at least once, in his/her career.





Good luck!Do funeral homes hire licensed cosmetologists for hair and makeup?
bravessqua could not have said it better! I totally agree with her statement!
dont listen to that 1st guy rudloph he is a scamer, dont go to that site and dont sign up for it. he is answering lots of questions with that same answer. him and more people like him, he answered me and when i checked it out it was bogus

No comments:

Post a Comment