Friday, August 20, 2010

I need to find someone good with Asian makeup/hair for my wedding in Doylestown, PA! HELP!?

From experience, most hairstylists in America have no idea what to do with Asian hair, and the makeup needed for Asian complexions and facial structure require different colors and techniques.. I'd really like to find someone / place that I can trust to do my hair and makeup correctly for the big day! PLEASE help! =(I need to find someone good with Asian makeup/hair for my wedding in Doylestown, PA! HELP!?
I have the same problem.


I'm more concerned about the makeup because if the hair is not perfect it won't be as noticeable as terrible clown makeup. I don't normally wear makeup so I want to as natural as possible. Also, the main challenge with makeup on Asians is the eyes. As a result, I have decided to do the makeup myself since I know that there won't be any Asian makeup artists or makeups artists with extensive experience working with Asians in the area where I will be getting married.





You could:


1. Try to find a recommendation to a hairdresser and makeup artist in your area by posting on a forum:


Asian American Women's Forum


http://asiams.net/Forum/





2. Do it yourself.


The forum listed above has some tips and a simple search should return other sites with tips on makeup colors and techniques for Asians. In addition, there are lots of video tutorials online. There is even a book that came out at the end of last year:


Asian Faces: The Essential Beauty and Makeup Guide for Asian Women


http://www.amazon.com/Asian-Faces-Essent鈥?/a>





I'm hoping that it will be a success through lots of research and practice, practice, PRACTICE.





(Some forum posters noted that they had more success in applying the makeup themselves than with a makeup artist, even after spending lots of money on trials. Several posters recommend false eyelashes which make a big impact and recommended ones made specifically for Asians (The site also includes some tips).)


http://www.thicosmetics.com/





Best of luck and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment