Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it legal for someone to do a person hair and makeup with experience or a license?

My friend said she was going to start charging people to do their makeup and hair... but can she do that?Is it legal for someone to do a person hair and makeup with experience or a license?
Makeup, no problem. Hair depends on what she does. An Apprentice usually does hair with no licence. As one I did cutting, colouring, washing, etc. but I would not take my own clients without a licence.Is it legal for someone to do a person hair and makeup with experience or a license?
It would be very unwise not to have a license and insurance - if someone is injured at the place of the hair styling or had a bad reaction to a chemical or anything of that nature, your friend may end up in court or worse :}
Most places it would be illegal if she charges for doing hair. Makeup, probably not a problem.
I suppose it would depend on the situation...but if I were her I'd definitely have my ';client'; sign a liability release!

No comments:

Post a Comment